Sunglasses are an essential accessory for protecting our eyes from harmful UV rays and reducing glare. However, finding the perfect pair of sunglasses that fit well can be a challenge, especially for individuals with Asian facial features. Many sunglasses on the market are designed with a Western fit, which may not provide the best comfort or aesthetics for those with flatter noses, higher cheekbones, or narrower faces. That's where Asian fit sunglasses come in! In this blog post, we will explore what makes the best Asian fit sunglasses and why they are a game-changer for individuals with Asian facial features.
Frame Design: Asian fit sunglasses are specifically designed to accommodate the unique facial features of individuals with Asian heritage. One of the key differences is the frame design. Asian fit sunglasses typically have a flatter bridge or nose pad, which provides a better fit for those with lower nose bridges. This prevents the sunglasses from sliding down the nose or resting on the cheeks, which can be uncomfortable and obstruct the field of vision. The flatter bridge also helps to reduce pressure on the nose, making them more comfortable to wear for extended periods of time.
- Frame Width: Another important factor in Asian fit sunglasses is the frame width. Asian faces tend to be narrower compared to Western faces, so sunglasses with narrower frames are better suited for individuals with Asian facial features. The narrower frame width helps to prevent the sunglasses from sticking out too far on the sides of the face, creating a more proportionate and flattering look. It also helps to keep the sunglasses securely in place, reducing the need for constant adjustments.
Nose Support Design: The nose support design is a critical element of Asian fit sunglasses. Traditional nose pads / support on sunglasses can be uncomfortable for individuals with lower nose bridges, as they can cause pressure points or leave imprints on the skin. Asian fit sunglasses often feature supports that are designed to fit a lower nose bridge more comfortably.
- Lens Shape and Size: The lens shape and size are also crucial in Asian fit sunglasses. Asian facial features often include higher cheekbones, so sunglasses should have lens shape that complement the natural contours of the face for a more aesthetically pleasing look. Rounded or softer lens shapes are often preferred for Asian fit sunglasses as they can complement the angles of the face and provide a more balanced appearance.
- Material and Durability: The material and durability of sunglasses are important considerations for any pair of sunglasses, including Asian fit sunglasses. Look for sunglasses that are made from high-quality materials such as acetate, titanium, or stainless steel, as these materials are durable and can withstand daily wear and tear. The hinges should be sturdy and well-constructed to ensure the sunglasses last for a long time. Additionally, Asian fit sunglasses may have additional reinforcement at the temples or hinges to provide extra strength and durability.
- Polarized Lenses: Polarized lenses are a popular feature in sunglasses as they provide superior glare reduction and enhance visual clarity. Glare from sunlight reflecting off surfaces such as water, snow, or roads can be particularly harsh, and polarized lenses can help to reduce this glare, providing a more comfortable and safe visual experience. Polarized lenses are especially beneficial for individuals who spend a lot of time outdoors or engage in activities such as driving or water sports.
- UV Protection: One of the primary reasons for wearing sunglasses is to protect the eyes from harmful UV rays. When choosing Asian fit sunglasses, ensure that they offer 100% UV protection. Look for sunglasses that block both UVA and UVB rays, as prolonged exposure to UV rays can contribute to various eye health issues, such as cataracts, macular degeneration, and photokeratitis. Good quality Asian fit sunglasses should have lenses that are certified to block 100% of UV rays, providing optimal protection for your eyes.
In conclusion, finding the best Asian fit sunglasses involves considering several factors, including frame design, frame width, nose support design, lens shape and size, material and durability, polarized lenses and UV protection. The right pair of Asian fit sunglasses should provide a comfortable fit that complements your facial features, offers optimal eye protection, and enhances your overall style. Investing in a high-quality pair of Asian fit sunglasses can greatly improve your comfort and enjoyment of wearing sunglasses, while also ensuring the health and safety of your eyes.
Sunday Shades is the brand of choice for athletes when it comes to Asian fit sports sunglasses. All of Sunday Shades sunglasses are designed specifically for athletes with Asian facial profiles. They are lightweight (just 22 g), do not bounce and are snug fit, making them ideal for sports and outdoor activities. With UV 400 protection and polarized lenses as standard features, Sunday Shades ensure that your eyes are well-protected from harmful UV rays and glare. In addition to their functional features, Sunday Shades also provide a cost-effective option, making them an excellent choice for those seeking affordable sunglasses. Despite their competitive prices, Sunday Shades does not compromise on quality or style. They come in a wide variety of colours and styles to suit every individual's taste and preferences. Whether you are an avid athlete or simply enjoy outdoor activities, Sunday Shades offers a range of Asian fit sunglasses that combine comfort, durability, and affordability. Check them out today and upgrade your eyewear game!