In the world of fitness and health, our interviewee, Sharon Yeap, stands as a testament to the transformative power of pursuing one's passions. Transitioning from a 20-year career as a cabin crew member with Singapore Airlines, Sharon embarked on a remarkable journey into the realms of calisthenics, running, and functional HIIT. Her unwavering commitment and inspiring story are poised to leave you motivated and energized.
Name: Sharon Yeap
Facebook: Sharon Yeap LH
Sport: Calisthenics, Run & Functional HIIT
1. When did you discover that this was your passion and that you were going to pursue it as far as you could?
I left my 20-year experienced job as a cabin crew member with Singapore Airlines and went to pursue my passion in fitness and health. I have never regretted a single day of it.
2. Who/what inspired you?
My cousin and an aunt who successfully escaped Type 2 Diabetes from the family genes, resulting from their healthy and fit lifestyle.
3. Have you participated in any major competition/events?
I'll be participating in the upcoming Hyrox in Singapore~ Very excited about it!
4. In your opinion, what was your best performance?
I can do a lot of tricks with a single leg, lol!
5. What’s your training like when training for a competition?
I like a variety including Zone 2, Threshold, Strength training, Recovery, and of course, Sports Nutrition does help closer to competition day!
6. Do you maintain a special diet? If so, what do you eat? Are there cheat days?
I believe in sustainability and moderation when it comes to diet. Occasionally, when I need to get rid of bad diet habits, I will go through a period of mindful eating for 1-2 months to cut it off!
7. When not training for a competition, what’s your training like? Do you cross train? What does a typical week look like?
Fitness is a lifestyle for me. I do it 4-5 times a week.
8. Do you see yourself as an inspirational role model for aspiring athletes?
As a coach, I would like to see myself as an inspiration to the people that I coach and my followers. Leading by example is my best bet!
9. Where are your favorite training spots (Singapore or anywhere else in the world)? Why?
Fitness corner! It's free, you connect with nature, and get plenty of Vitamin D!
10. If there are readers who would like to get started in your sport, what advice do you have?
Age should not be your limit!
11. Have you always been fit and fab? Was there a time when you were not? Can you tell us more about that? If you have pictures of your non-athletic days, would you like us to post and share with our readers? It can be inspiring.
I am taller than the average Asian ladies, so I have been blessed with an average physique but could not escape skinny fat! Sure, I have a collage of my skinny fat days!
Sharon Yeap's journey from the friendly skies of cabin crew service to the challenging domains of calisthenics, running, and functional HIIT is nothing short of inspirational. Her courage to embrace change and follow her heart is a reminder that age should never limit one's pursuit of passion. As a coach and influencer, Sharon aspires to lead by example, sharing her commitment to fitness with her followers and coaching clients. In her belief in sustainability and moderation, she exemplifies a balanced approach to health. Join us in celebrating her journey, one that showcases the remarkable transformation that can happen when you wholeheartedly chase your dreams.